Sunday, June 23, 2024

My Plant and the Water Drop

 


I should be doing homework, but I take a minute to look out the window and this water droplet catches my eye. I haven't watered this plant recently and it's an indoor plant so it's not from rain. How did it get there?  I spend the next ten minutes playing with the camera on my phone, trying to capture the drop in the most interesting way possible before it plops off.  

Got it, now I can get back to work.  

Well...wait just a second. I have this picture that I think is pretty interesting, I should do something with it, but what? My family is still sleeping and I doubt they'd share in my enthusiasm if I woke them up to show them my picture.  

I think I will just leave this picture of my plant and the water drop right here on my blog.  Maybe it will bring a moment of peace to some of my classmates who are feeling the stress of a heavy course load or who are being stretched too thin with the demands of life.  Take a moment and find the little things in life that bring you joy! 

3 comments:

  1. I love enjoying these little moments! The feeling of a clean home, a delicious meal, an afternoon nap. Just the absolute best slowing down and taking it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly G, I love your picture and the thinking process you took to take it and thought about it. It amazing on how we can capture something so interesting and thoughts pop in our minds about what the meaning behind certain things, actions, pictures, or past memories. Taking time out just to think about things that brings us joy is a great reflection on who we are and how we have grown. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the picture! It reminds us to slow down and take a breath in the midst of a crazy time in school work.

    ReplyDelete