Thursday, June 20, 2024

SumItUp Sunday

Write a blog post that reviews your daily Instagram activities for the challenge and your new insights on the medium. Okay...well for starters I completed this challenge over the course of three days, instead of the whole week so as a research participant, my experience would probably have to be thrown out! As a blogger, my experience is 100% valid and that's the cool thing about blogging, apparently there is no wrong way to do it. 

I am still struggling to embrace everything Instagram so I'm really glad I did this challenge. I learned more of the ins and outs, but I still needed some help.

For the Monday challenge, I may have gone in a different direction than what most people think of when they think of technology.  Hopefully, it doesn't turn into anything controversial or break any rules of the assignment.  I just want to motivate everyone to vote in their local elections as well as the state and federal elections.  

The Tuesday challenge was the first one I posted and I noticed a comment on that one. Hopefully, the app will transform someone else's life as well! Honestly, there are so many recipe apps available now, but this one is simple and clean without an overwhelming number of options.  I used Canva to create the post very easily. It took me a while to figure out how to post it directly from Canva, but I think I've got it now. I've only been able to do it from my phone though. I create the post on my desktop and post it from my phone. If anyone knows how to post directly from the desktop, please let me know. I'm all for cutting out extra steps.

Wednesday - The reel.  This was something completely new for me.  I did it, but not sure I completely understand the difference between a reel and a regular post.  Again, I used Canva to create my reel.  I did watch some reels from previous students and while I love watching videos of other people on their reels, my comfort level isn't quite there yet.

Thursday - I modified an infographic that I made for another class.  I don't know if there's a way to post it without all of the white space, but I wasn't able to figure it out if there is.

Friday - Create a poll. This one was definitely the biggest challenge for me.  I had to call for some expert help on this one.  I do like using my computer more than my phone so apparently that's part of my problem.  My son, the same one from the mac and cheese post last week, interrupted his golf practice to walk me through this! What I did not like about this one though is that is went back to posting on my Facebook page!! I tried to delete it without deleting it from Instagram and I was making a huge mess. In the end, I just left it.  Maybe my FB friends can weigh in on my poll and give me a bigger sample group.

Saturday - I wasn't quite sure if this meant one post with multiple pictures or a post where you have to scroll to see all the pictures. Since we already did a post like that I opted for one post with multiple pictures. Canva came to my rescue again for this one. 

So that was the week of challenges in a condensed version.  Check out my page if you haven't already. I am eme6414_kellyg. 


        

No comments:

Post a Comment